Long Range Electric Scooters
Is your campus pretty big and you get fatigued while switching classes? Or you’re tired of using a car in your neighborhood? Or you just need something to wander-off a few miles! Electric scooters have got you all covered. From daily commuting to running little day-to-day errands. If your scooter is charged you’re good to go!
Here we’ve compiled a list of some of the best electric scooters that you’ll find out there, with all their pros and cons to help you decide the one that will best fit your needs. But before getting into the list let’s first see a few properties which prioritize one model over another. The importance of each property might be different for everyone.
Range: refers to the distance (usually mentioned in miles) that a scooter can cover in one charging. It varies from 10 miles to 80 miles and even more.
Battery life: refers to quality of the battery, its capacity and its cyclical lifetime (number of charging after which the capacity will decline). Electric scooters with long battery life are product of choice for most of the users.
Charging time: time needed for the battery to fully charge.
Weight and Design: matters, since a lot of people carry their scooters around so an ideal scooter should have compact design and low weight.
App: these days we prefer things that we can control from our smartphone and that’s why scooters with their own apps earn some extra points. Now let’s get on with our picks of some of the fastest electric scooters
1- Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter
Xiaomi is one of the fastest-growing companies with its distribution in over 90 countries worldwide. Along with phones and power banks, for which it is famous for, they launched this long range electric scooter which is absolutely a pro in its field. The space-age design of Mi Electric Scooter has been awarded the prestigious Red Dot “Best of the Best” Award, as well as the iF Design Award 2017.
- Instinctual learning: It’s so easy to learn and user-friendly with no rocket science involved and perfect for all ages. A single button kicks starts the scooter.
- 18.6 miles long-range battery life: with smart power management that provides short circuit and over-current protection, double protection from overcharging and over-discharging, temperature resistance, and under-voltage auto-sleep protection. The average speed of 15.5 mph (miles per hour) with 14% incline.
- Safety measures: Anti-slip handle provides a strong grip and control over the scooter. Controlled acceleration for maintaining a comfortable speed. Bright Headlights for night riding. Front and rear, efficient response, double braking system. Shock-absorbing tires for smooth rides.
- Recovers and regenerates energy: Mi E-Scooter converts and stores kinetic energy during acceleration into electrical power and is also fitted with constructive braking for supplemental power. This amplifies the emergency braking experience and improves battery life at the same time.
- Stats on the app: firmware upgrades and rides statistics can be easily monitored. Smart power management keeps updated about battery health and informs before any possible issue.
- Display: 4 LED lights show the remaining battery life.
- Modes: there are 2 modes, a normal one, and a power-saving mode.
- Single-button: a single power button controls the whole thing. Single press will turn it on while a longer press will shut it down. A short press, while it’s on, will turn the headlights on and off. And a double press will switch between modes.
- Folding: it has a three-step easy and innovative folding style, just Flip, Fold and Click!
- Framework: it’s made up of aerospace quality, lightweight aluminum and weighs just 26.9 pounds.
Cons: a little heavier than the newer designs. The max speed is 18.6 miles.
2- Hiboy MAX Electric Scooter:
If you want a long range electric scooter with more than one mode and is safe then this Hiboy max e-scooter might be your best option
- Powerful and power-saving Motor: braced with a 350W brushless motor for sturdy power supply.
- Range: can propel up to a maximum speed of 18.6 mph and conquer 15% inclines with ease. It has max range of 17miles on a single charge.
- Framework: one step folding compact design,5″ shock-absorbing and anti-slip solid tires deliver smooth, safe and comfortable rides. It itself weighs 34 lbs. but can bear load range in between 55-220 lbs. It has large standing platform. Contains built-in dual headlights.
- Safety and comfort: power cut and disc Braking system is smooth and secure. The double braking system makes the brake respond more quickly. The front outstanding shock absorber design reduces vibration to a minimum, providing maximum rider comfort and safety.
- LED dashboard: a sleek LED screen displays the essentials: speed, modes, and battery level. One tap change the riding mode a Blue “S” for Beginner Mode, Yellow for Normal Mode and Red indicates Sports Mode. Double tapping will turn on/off the front and rear lights and Triple will switch between kmh and mph.
- Hiboy max app: available both on iOS and android and can simply be paired via Bluetooth. Check the statistics and control e-scooter easily.
Cons: it’s a little heavy making it a bit cumbersome to carry.
3- Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter:
Razor a USA based company started its journey in 2000 the brand embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. Promising its motto, Razor designed this noiseless, gasless and eco-friendly sit-on fastest electric scooter to fit present day needs.
- The “Seat” for personalized fit: Razor EcoSmart large range Electric Scooter includes a standard replaceable bicycle double padded seat that can be adjusted to a desired height for a personalized fit.
- Motor: 500 watt variable-speed, high-torque, chain-driven, twist-grip throttle motor with 36 volt electrical system does not make sound. Hence noiseless and doesn’t adds up to noise pollution as promised by the brand, eco-friendly.
- Range and battery: This long range electric scooter with seat has a top speed of 18 mph and can hold a charge for up to 40 minutes. It’s ideal for short trips and quick commutes.
- Framework: It has a bamboo deck and a powder-coated finish, which keeps it as new as you first got it. Contains adjustable handlebar rake and seat; detachable luggage rack/rear fender. It comes with standard bicycle-size 16-inch pneumatic tube tires on spoke wheels.
- Safety: it’s absolutely safe to ride on and has a rear disc braking system.
Cons: it cannot be folded and carried easily. It’s charging remains for 40 minutes.
4- Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter:
It is a true fusion of convenient design, vehicle-grade safety, and durability. The scooter frame, components, and accessories use geometric design that puts usability and the user at the front. In short it is simple, reliable and convenient. Hiboy’s this e scooter with long battery life is genuinely an undeniably awesome way to get around with everyday activities.
- Long range battery: it comes with a built in 270Wh high-capacity lithium batteries and smart power management. Hiboy S2 keeps on going upto 17 miles and max 186 mph speed on a single charge and can even go higher due to regenerative power. Scooter boasts off smart power management system which makes it a superior choice. Battery takes 6 hours to fully charge.
- Power recovery system: S2 long range e scooter, while accelerating or braking converts kinetic energy into electrical energy and stores it for even longer rides.
- Hiboy app: available both on iOS and android and can easily be paired to smart phone via Bluetooth. App can be used to lock/unlock scooter. And to check the current speed, remaining power, and other real-time riding statistics. Firmware updates ensure the best riding experience possible. Ride mode and high speed can also be controlled through the app.
- Portable architecture: compact design to fit in car trunks and under the subway seat, easy to carry. S2 has 3 ultra-bright headlights. It tumbles in 3 simple steps. It is designed in such a way that a detachable seat can be conjugated when needed making it one of the most long range electric scooters with seat. (But the seat is not included).
- Stable and safe: it glides very smoothly while taking a turn or accelerating speed. 8.5” tires and rear shock absorbers gives bump-free ride. It has double braking system featuring a disc braking and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking.
Cons: it’s a bit heavy to carry around. Weighing about 29.5 lbs.
5- Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter:
Glion comes with the mission of ending boring rides and making daily commutes smooth, wait and sweat-free. It’s so easy to keep it, since it doesn’t need to be carried. You just need to drag this one of the fastest electric scooters and you’re good to go!
- Range: Top speed of 15 mph/25Kmh and estimated range per charge is 15 miles/25 km.
- Battery: is LG Lithium-Ion 36 V, 7.8 Ah with charging time of 2 hours for 75% and 3.5 hours for 100%. Cycles life of battery is 1000+ cycles up to (3-5 years).
- Reliable, durable design: it’s a well-made scooter that’ll stand the test of time. Its durable frame is crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum, and powder coated to resist corrosion.
- Framework: This e scooter is made of tires with a honeycomb interior that the military developed. These are no maintenance tires, they never need air or go flat. Braking is smooth and secure, with an anti-lock electronic brake safely located inside the rear hub motor.
- East to take along: It has a foot-activated folding mechanism that folds in 1 second. A scooter can be taken anywhere without being noticed. It has vertical self-standing feature to keep the scooter neatly by side in public transit, or out of way in office or home. With a simple, sleek design, the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter is truly a portable transportation device.
6- Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter:
Gotrax e scooter is meant for means of daily transportation and has been designed with commuters in mind. GXL V2 is improved version of the previous designs and is modified in various ways.
- Battery: 250 watt motor is their most powerful scooter motor yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
- Range: 36V battery allows GXL to travel up to 9-12 miles and recharge in about 4 Hours.
- Design: Version 2 has handbrake, cruise control, reinforced frame and lock mechanism. Contains 8. 5″ pneumatic tires making GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets.
- Safety: it features hand operated disc/electric brake hybrid to allow more control and ultra-bright front headlight.
- Display: everything one needs is displayed on LED screen. Speed, battery etc.
- Portable design: the GXL Frame collapses and locks for easy storage and easy carrying.
7- UberScoot Electric Scooter:
The UberScoot 1600W Electric Scooter is the premium, world-class scooter from Evo Powerboards. This e-scooter falls under the league of superior range of UberScoot Powerboards. It syndicates ultra-modern art design and manufacturing practices with Puzey components to make a board that outdoes all other electric scooters in its price range.
- Range: 12 miles with speed more than 20 miles.
- Motor: 1600 watt brushless motor, 48 volts batteries. Charging time 6-8 hours.
- Frame: High-grade steel frame with durable ABS plastic body, deck, and rear mudguard. BMX style handlebars. Advanced front “Cam-Link” suspension & adjustable rear twin-shock suspension system. Front and rear brakes and headlights. Comes with key ignition and kickstand. One-touch simple, easy folding frame. Weight is 117 lbs.
- Modes: it is featured by an economy mode button to slow down acceleration and top speed to conserve battery life for long rides.
- Drive System: Chain drive, variable speed along with twist throttle. Economy mode feature that conserves battery life by restricting power from the motor.
- Tires: 11″ pneumatic and knobby on/off road tires on aluminum alloy rims.
- Seat: can be attached and detached.
Cons: heavy to carry and has max range of only 12 miles on 6-8 hours charging.
8- Swagger Pro Foldable Electric Scooter:
Just like its name, swagger’s swag is like none other. It is truly a validation of evolution in intelligent personal transportation. It’s smart, light in weight, supports charging and charges in no time.
- Range: it ranges up to 14.2 mi / 22.85 km with speed of 15.5 mph / 25 km/h. it exhibits effortless ride over inclination of up to 25 degrees.
- Battery: 250W front hub motor promises efficient quick-charge battery with a 1.5A charger, this fast-charging electric scooter can be ready to roll in just under 3 hours. The scooter’s smart management system of battery guards against overcharging, overheating and auto-shutoff.
- Brakes: for a safer and contented riding experience it has dual braking system with auto guard technology. Dual braking system combines a rear heel brake with an electronic front brake to allow more control.
- Frame design: it is designed of lightweight aluminum alloy, and low/no maintenance solid rubber tires. Also has a kickstand.
- Riding Modes: it shows off 3 Speed Modes with Cruise Control which allows to remain on constant speed for as much as someone one wants.
- Usb port: one of its most unique feature is usb port, allowing charging smart devices while daily commuting.
- Weight: it weighs only 22 pounds and is easy to carry around.
- LED display: shows all the essentials.
Cons: does have smart control and mobile app.
9- Megawheels S10 Electric Scooter:
S10 is a new version of electric scooter in 2019. This is an electric scooter especially designed for young people who loves sports.
- Range: its range is 15-23 km and has Maximum Speed Limit of 25 km/h with maximum climbing limit of 8 degree
- Battery: is of pure ternary Lithium-ion, 7.5 Ah, 36 V. Battery is high energy and long life. It charges quickly and is composed of fire proof material. It is protected from overcharging and short circuit.
- Framework: The sturdy frame is made of aerospace-grade aluminum. Boasts off anti-skid pedal; friction-resistant particles composed of non-slip pedal, wear-resisting, endothermic, non-slip, do not worry about the foot slippery and fall. Shock absorbing design with 8 inch tires.
- Foldable: Press and fold, can be dragged after folding, quick and convenient.
- Safety: Double braking systems
- Intuitive & Easy to learn: Intuitive controls simplify learning and use for all ages while improving safety.
10- XPRIT Electric Scooter:
XPRIT: Next-generation gadget. Strives to create innovative commuting gadgets.
- Range: Travel fast and far, the powerful 350W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 13.6mph. With a full charge it can travel up to a great distance of 10-13.6 miles.
- Battery Life: lithium-ion batteries with an 8 Ah battery capacity, it can fully charge the electric scooter in just 2-3 hours. Once the charger indicator light turns green its ready to roll out.
- Practical Portable Design: The E-scooter is designed for daily commute or simply to cruise for fun around your neighborhood or park. It easily folds and unfolds in just 3 easy steps. Perfect to carry around.
- LED Colorful Light: favorite LED light color can be picked. Available in 4 radiant colors.
- Safety: Equipped with a round bright LED Front Light to illuminate pathway for a safer ride during your night commute.
- Display: Equipped with a vibrant LCD screen displays battery life. Beginner riders can easily learn in minutes due to intuitive nature of product.
Cons: do not have app or Bluetooth connection.
Wrapping it Up
Even though this list makes it pretty much easier to choose but still if it’s confusing then let’s pick on the basis of specs. People who need seat and back basket should pick razor one, since its seat is attached and is perfect for the need. Students need one with least weight, they can ignore the range and speed because they usually need to commute with in the campus. People who love sports should pick ones with shock absorbers and fast ones. We hope that this list helps you pick the one you need.